Tuesday 20 November 2012

Work/Play

November Photo a Day Challenge - Day 20

 
 
I'm really enjoying the November Photo Challenge via Fat Mum Slim.  I like having a prompt each day to go by.  I will definately do another one sometime.
 
I'm over half way now which is great - I'm SO looking forward to December as I have loads of great things to post in the lead up to Christmas.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS - and anyone who knows me well knows how much I love it.  And here in New Zealand it falls during the 6 week Summer School holiday period - so for me that Christmasy feeling seems to hang around a lot longer.
 
Todays photo challenge is Work/Play.
 
I'm a stay at home mum and I finished fulltime work about 4 years ago when we left London.  I don't really think of what I do as a stay at home mum as "work" - do you?  I have the daily routines and (endless) chores though.
 
Today however the sun was out again.  I really needed to do housework but instead the boys and I headed into town.  We did the river walk which heads towards the beach and back into town again.  Then we headed back home with sushi and strawberries for lunch.  Followed by a lazy afternoon snooze.
 
So it's been all play today.  My house is still messy.
 
Here are some photos of our River Walk.............
 
 


 
 


Heading out of the harbour and towards the beach.



Tom - "who's that boy"?
 

Explorer Captain James Cook - our coastline was first spotted on 6th October 1769.  2 days later Captain Cook came ashore in this bay - and named the peninsula in the distance "Young Nicks Head" after the young boy who spotted the shoreline.
 



George used a tent peg to eat his sushi - yum!

 
 
I hope your week has been a good one so far!

13 comments:

  1. oh yes, i consider myself so fortunant to be a stay at home mother, but the chores and general business of running a busy house can often feel like work (and of the un-paid variety!). You day sounds blissful! Sushi and strawberries for lunch! yummo and your walking tracks look divine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel lucky to be a stay at home mum (mostly - I get paid to work 4 hours a week) while the kids are small. It is not rocket science, but it is definitely a type of work. however, I wouldn't have it any other way.

      Delete
  2. I'd foresake the housework for a lovely trip out like yours, what a wonderful looking place and now my mouth's watering at the yummy food! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poppets would have thought it was THE best day ever! Yay for you for putting the day to day on hold. HOpe your week is a gorgeous one.
    Steph :) x
    P.S. Thanks for your beautiful comment...it made me smile :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The children are only little for such a short time, make the most of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! Before we know it - Winter will come again and we will be hiding indoors again. xo

      Delete
  5. The chores can always wait another day, especially when the sun is shinning and there are places to explore :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me miss home! And I agree, chores can always wait...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to live somewhere that grows palm trees, you lucky girl. So fun to see a little of the area you love. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for palm trees - makes me feel like I'm on holiday.

      Delete
  8. Love the story behind "Young Nick's Head" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...