Friday 1 March 2013

Things I'm Loving






Op shop finds - I have'nt found anything great for ages on one of my weekly treasure hunts.  Then I spied this in the window as I was walking out of one of our local op shops this week.  I had a look online to find out a bit more info and it was made in New Zealand by the Willow Company, very popular in the 1970's.  The lid has the ever popular "wood effect" ingrained into the plastic lid.  Brilliant!  I love it because the design on front reminds me of Orla Kiely's stem print which I love.


Found this little beauty in an Antique Store in town.  A Crown Lynn vase.  It has a tiny chip on the rim but at only $8 I'm not complaining.


I celebrated my Birthday yesterday on the 28th.  35 years young!  Got totally spoilt.  I had coffee in the morning with my boys, mum and my very lovely friend Leigh.  Mr H surprised me with a bunch of flowers (above) turned around and there he was!  Great surprise.  The rest of the day was business as usual, grocery shopping and parenting two tired and to be honest slightly naughty boys.  Below are some of the lovely gifts I received...........


Flowers from Leigh's garden.

Sunflowers from my sister's garden.


I love this - a gift from my mum.  A retro Casserole Pot made by Rorstrand of Sweden.


Love the sunshine yellow!



And look!  More Crown Lynn lovelies.  From Leigh, she knows me so well.  Mr H muttered the words I've been waiting to hear for ages............. "you are going to need a china cabinet". Yay!  I have been wanting one for ever to house all of my Crown Lynn and other retro goodies.  I have everything sitting on shelves at the moment and here on the East Coast we are prone to earthquakes and I am worried that the next big shake will send all of my crockery flying!


Crown Lynn "Fat Bottom" cups and matching saucers.  Great colour.


From my SIL Em - in preparation of my "Kitchen Garden".

From Mr H and the kids.  My favourite chocolate and this very pretty card.  Mr H wrote "Nearly" in front of the word "Wife".  Such a sweet card.



Once the kids were in bed this was me....chocolate, bubbles and a bit of blog reading.


Had a few lovely readers asking me about my teaset from the Bake on post.  It is a Port Meirion teaset in the "Crazy Daisy" design.  I spied this in Harrods one day when we lived in London.  Mr H caught the train back in a few days later and bought it for me for my Birthday.  The set included the Teapot which is a great big size.  Two cups and saucers, milk jug and sugar pot with lid.  It is probably my favourite set.


Thank you for all of your kind and supportive words about Charlie.  It really means alot. xo

Don't forget to enter the Baobaby Giveaway here.

And finally have a great weekend!  Not really a busy one for us here.  A playcentre kids morning at the Botanical gardens if the rain holds out.  I'm hoping for more rain though to water our VERY dry gardens.  My Birthday dinner out with Mr H.  And a bit of rearranging to do - I have been sorting out the boys room and moving things around in the Playroom.  I'm wanting to pinch a bit of space to set up my sewing machine.  Not to sure if it will work though..........watch this space!



"I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is."

Joining in here

And with Scandi Coast Home.

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! What beautiful gifts and finds especially swooning over those coffee/tea cups and the card is adorable. I hope the lovely fills this next year for you cause you are just beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! How lucky of you to get so many flowers!
    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Sarah x

    PS love the card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Glad you like you crown lynn cups (I'll keep looking out for more!) Yay! So exciting you get a china cabinet, can't wait to see it! Have a fantasic dinner tomorrow night! Catch up next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY birthday to you!!! We are the same young age!!! Your finds are wonderful and I love the gift from your mom and the sunflowers from your sister's garden! Your husband did good too...how cool of him to go back to get the tea set for you in London! I love it!!!!! And to kick back with bubbles and chocolate...I would say that is a pretty great night! Enjoy your night out with him...I know those moments are hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a super special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message. You have lots to love and happy birthday for yesterday ~ mine is tomorrow! Great celebrations to be had :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Sweetheart....great crockery there! Glad you had a fantastic day! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping by from MNM's blog and adore your crockery and china! What a lovely collection and each piece with a story or memory too. A cabinet sounds like something to put high on that 'wish list' (and a good deal of blue tack in case of a shake too!). Sounds like a very wonderful Birthday celebration with lots of lovely people in your life to make it great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Elaina!!! Such gorgeous gifts (and now I know what Crown Lynn is :-) ) Glad you had a great day. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to you too Elaina! and your mum has superb taste. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! What a bumper haul of gifts from people who must know you well. That Swedish retro casserole pot is gorgeous.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Pity that kind of loot doesn't come around more often, right? Lovely goodies and your teaset is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! Great finds - suddenly I feel like hitting the op shops again (it's been a while). Lovely presents, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the beautiful flowers (especially the ones from your friend's garden that feature with the little Crown Lynn dish - gorgeous!) - happy birthday!! Being 35 is not as scary as it sounds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday - now you are the same age as me! Gosh I love all the gorgeous crockery in this post - especially the retro casserole pot - hope you really enjoyed every minute of your birthday - love having you join in with Things I'm Loving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day. I am super jealous of your delicious crockery scores! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday. Such lovely Rorstrand too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday! what wonderful gifts; and finds-that cannister is FANTASTIC!
    lovely to have you linky-ing x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely finds and gifts - happy birthday!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy birthday to you!!!....love that yellow casserole from your mum....she has good taste!...bubbles choccy and flowers!...perfect birthday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday. I love that amazing Rorstrand casserole from your Mum, she's got great taste. Such a lovely present. Your op-shoppped Willow is lovely too. Is it for storing cakes in?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I missed this post - wow cool willow cannister - SCORE!!! Loving all the crown lynn.. Yay get a china cabinet!!! Such fun to fill up!
    Sounds like you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely Rorstrand casserole - I have a lasagne dish in the same pattern. I think my parents got it as a wedding present and Mum used it all the time. I have never seen anything similar in the op shops!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...