Wednesday 4 June 2014

A delicious apricot loaf






I've had a couple of readers ask about the apricot loaf I made in the weekend, so thought I would share the recipe here with you.
 
I use an Edmond's Date and Walnut loaf recipe, it's my easy go to loaf recipe.
 
You can use any type of fruit/nut combination.  I've made sultana loaves, currant loaves and even a pear loaf.  When using any dried fruit you need to chop and soak the fruit in boiling water, baking soda and butter (as the recipe states) to soften the fruit.  All my loaves have been super moist and they freeze well too.
 
Delicious sliced and spread with butter.
 
Apricot Loaf  
You will need:
1 cup chopped apricots
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon Edmonds baking soda
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence (I use extract)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

(If making a Date and Walnut loaf - use 1 cup of each for the loaf - you will need to soak your Dates)
Method
Put apricots, boiling water, baking soda and butter into a bowl.
Stir until butter has melted.
Set aside for 1 hour.
Beat sugar, egg, and vanilla into apricot mixture.
Sift flour and baking powder into wet mixture, stirring just to combine.
Pour mixture into a greased or lined 22 cm loaf tin..
Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or until loaf springs back when touched.
Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.


 
Enjoy!





Joining in with Sarah Jane over at Chantille-Fleur for Tea party Tuesdays.



 

12 comments:

  1. This sounds really yummy:) Thank you for the recipe I will be giving this one a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just sounds even more delicious now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your loaf looks absolutely perfect! I'll be giving it a go this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good! No one in my family will eat food with fruit in it so it looks like I will be eating the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum, this looks delicious. Will be making this over the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delish! Will be trying that one out X

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo yum! sounds perfectly delicious for some winter morning tea baking! thanks for sharing Elaina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks delicious! Would it work with chopped peeled apple I wonder ?
    Not great for my diet though lol
    Jillxo
    emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum…that sounds delicious…I will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious!!
    Thank so much for sharing and linking up with Tea Party Tuesdays!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tastes and looks better than store bought loaves. Family doesn't like apricots but love this loaf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...