Sunday 1 June 2014

Lazy Sunday



 



 
 


It's a long weekend here in NZ and a rainy one at that.  And today, the first official day of winter.
 
Today has been really relaxed.  A big English breakfast cooked by Mr H with good coffee was enjoyed.  I sorted washing and had a quick tidy up and vacuum then spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen.
 
Chicken stock made with saved roast chicken carcasses that I have been storing in the freezer.
 
Spaghetti and cheese bread baskets for lunch.  The leftover crusts I coated with Olive oil and cheese, then dissolved some vegemite in boiling water and mixed through the crusts and baked till crispy.  The kids loved these.  These will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
 
Apricot loaf.  Enjoyed buttered and washed down with lots and lots of tea.
 
And finally biscuits for the tins.  I used an Anzac Biscuit recipe but used honey instead of sugar and added currants as I somehow have two bags of these in the cupboards.
 
Mr H took care of dinner.  Homemade pizza and pasta with tomato and salami.  Delicious.
 
Tomorrow we plan on heading out, maybe round the coast to the beaches, rain or shine.
 
I hope your weekend has been a good one xo
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. that baking looks divine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I wish I lived next door to you! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be fun. I would swap you baking for sewing tips xo

      Delete
  3. Yum. Can you attach your apricot loaf recipe? It looks absolutely delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, i managed some biscuits and pear muffins today but now I want to bake all of these too!! Sounds like a divine weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite fancy coming over for dinner some time soon :) Enjoy the rest of the long weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know which night suits! That would be great, imagine being able to teleport from Scotland to NZ for dinner xo

      Delete
  6. All of your baking is beautiful!! I love the idea of the leftover crust snacks, what a great idea!! Hope that you have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could only imagine what your kitchen would've smelt like the whole weekend! Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. UM....can I come over!!???!?! Everything looks so hands down delicious!!! Apricot loaf.....now that is what I am talking about!!! Just amazing friend! Happy winter to you all! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...