Wednesday 27 March 2013

1 year in the country

 
 






 
 
 
1 year ago we moved to the country.
 
Mr H had suggested we give it a try as it was something we had always talked about doing.
 
I was hesitant and very unsure of the idea to begin with.............
 
Now I'm hooked.  I love it and for the moment could not imagine living anywhere else.
 
I grew up in the suburbs and then spent my twenties working and travelling - 5 years of it in London.  I never dreamed when we returned to expand our family that we would be anything other than "city folk".  We live in a coastal community and are only 15 minutes from the beach and town so the drive in for the shops and the kids activities is not too far at all.
 
And best of all the kids love it.
 
We are now well and truly a little bit country.

 

11 comments:

  1. It is lovely having the space and freedom that country living provides. I can't wait to one day have a few acres of my own.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the first 12 years of my life in Sydney. My parents then moved us to the country. I've haven't lived in a city since! There's nothing like wide open spaces and fresh air. I love to visit cities and I appreciate all that they have to offer - but I couldn't live in one (the noise, pollution and crowds would drive me nuts). Happy '1 year in the country' anniversary! PS Your fruit trees look amazing and I'm drooling!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fabulous life for the children - and as long as you are happy then it is right!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean, we're hooked too. Happy 1 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely environment for your young family, I think it was a brilliant decision! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better!! I grew up in the country and loved it as well!!! Those pictures of your children glowing says it all!!!! So happy for your sweet family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once you're used to country living it is very hard to go back! We only lasted 18 months in Sydney before finding a way to come back home. Your place looks wonderful! Mel x PS Thank you so much for your well wishes, very much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures! I love living out of town too. I love the community we live in, and we are surrounded by beautiful countryside and many small towns. And a decent sized City is only an hour and 1/4 away, so we're not too far away from large shopping centres. I love coming home to the peace and quiet, and enjoying all the space that is ours. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your version of "country" sounds and looks like heaven. Close enough to a town to not be isolated, but far enough away to feel peaceful. Lovely photos too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a lot country to me! so glad you love it, i am so jealous, i miss the country and so wanna move but hubby wont and we cant afford it either! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've found a beautiful spot there

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...