Friday 19 October 2012

Pacific Island bound




Today I am Island bound!

I'm flying out this morning to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands for a childhood friends wedding.

What's more, I'm going on my OWN - yes, without Mr H or the kiddies.

It will be the first time I have ever left the boys so I'm a mixture of excited and nervous.  I know that they will be fine with Dad - it's just a mummy thing to worry about - isn't it?!

I will be away for four nights and have some pampering booked in, and the beach wedding to attend which will just be wonderful.

I have a couple of books and a pile of magazines and new outfits packed.  I'm looking forward to reading, watching (entire) movies, sleeping, shopping, swimming........... the list goes on.

I will miss my wee ones but I won't be gone for long.  I'm just so grateful that Mr H is stepping in to play mum.

This is so new for me with the boys.  With Bell I was a full-time working mum.  I had a business that would see me flying overseas every few weeks or so on buying trips.  Then we moved to the UK.  I was working, full time again. This time for Pepsi Europe.  Flying all over the place for work.  I have been used to leaving Bell since she was a very wee baby.  I wanted it to be different this time round with the boys.  So fast forward 4 years and I'm off, on my own.

So...........wish me luck!  I look forward to sharing photos of my trip with you next week on my return.

Elaina xo

P.S. Don't forget to see yesterdays post  (Thursday 18 October) for the Giveaway details...................





10 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time - it sounds like a fabulous trip....have fun

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Have a fabulous time - I can't wait to see photographic evidence when you get home :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fabulous. I look forward to the photos - don't mind a bit of armchair travel. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, have a great trip and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely, lovely time, don't worry about your family, they will be fine, and more appreciative of you when you return! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you luck duck, enjoy every book reading, sleep in filled minute and take some great pics so we can live vicariously through your travels. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful time. And yes know what you mean about mixed feelings. I felt the same I first went away on a girls weekend when my kids were 3 and 1. I had a great time but also missed them like crazy and I was only gone two nights. Since then have gone away a number of times and now I look forward to it so much. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you've had a lovely time away from home. You'll appreciate it all the more when you get home, and so will your kidlets : -)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your lovely comments - had a great trip and look forward to posting photos soon. Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fantastic! The Cook Islands are so far from here that I can't even imagine what they would be like. Have a fantastic time - how could you not?! XOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...