It is the last week of the school holidays for us here. It has been a fairly quiet one with most days spent around home.
I have been alot more laid back when it comes to daily routines and cleaning etc. I have made sure that I have kept up to date with the washing and dishes etc. Everything else I have let slide a little.
Next week it will be back to our daily routines. I need these - they make life so much more easier and stress free. Routines make everything tick over. Things can be found in the morning - everyone knows where everything is - most of the time!
Having the playroom now has made keeping inside the house alot more tidy. I have shifted most of toys into the playroom apart from books and few favorite toys that the boys like playing with. I clean and tidy up in the playroom a couple of times a week. I can shut the door and not see the mess until I'm ready to deal with it.
Next week will be a busy one for us - playcentre, Tom will start his first term at Kindergarten and swimming lessons for both the boys too. Bells after school activities along with school will start for her and I head off on a trip - my first away from the boys.
I'm planning on doing a good clean Sunday morning to get us ready and organised for the busy week - I will get Mr H to take the kids out for a couple of hours so I can get stuck in.
Fellow blogger Claire at Thriftwood has done a great post on cleaning. I tend to clean little and often these days as having small ones in the house it is impossible to get it all done at once. Below is a list that she posted. I've modified it slightly to suit. I'm going to print it out, turn the music up and get stuck in.
- Firstly go all round the house with a bin bag emptying bins and picking up any rubbish you can find
- Collect all old newspapers, magazines and paperwork for recycling
- Pick up dirty clothes, sort and put a wash on
- Next throw away dead flowers and put the vases/jugs/jamjars in the sink ready for washing
- Collect soap dishes, tooth mugs, etc, from bathroom and put in the sink
- Spray the sink, bath and toilet with spray (homemade by sister n law Em) leave a while so it can work its magic
- Do the same in the kitchen, spray the hob, sink and worktops using the same spray
- Tidy the most important rooms, ie, the ones you spend time in ..... straighten curtains, tidy magazines, plump cushions, and put things back where they belong
- Straighten bedding/make beds
- In living rooms/dining room move items from surfaces and wipe them down, then replace items
- Spray and wipe mirrors.
- Wipe down the bathroom and kitchen - they should be sparkling by now!
- Vacum right through the house and mop floors
- Tidy and vacum the playroom
- Sweep down front and back porches
Once finished I will stand back and admire the house and try not to grit my teeth when everyone comes back and turns the house upside down again!