Thursday 11 October 2012

The countdown is on........

I read yesterday that Christmas is 11 weeks away - crazy!!!

I have been thinking about Christmas pressies for the kiddies lately.  I have Bell sorted,  she is so easy to buy for.  But the boys are a different story.

For Tom it's all about Thomas the Tank engine.  For George it is whatever Tom is playing with.  We are having quite a few fisty cuffs over toys at the moment.

I've been thinking about something for in the garden and as we have a summery Christmas down here in the Southern Hemisphere I have been searching the internet for some ideas.

And here they are ...............

Mr H and I could make a Pirate boat sandpit for the boys.  I know George would love this. And as we are near the sea I don't think it will be hard to hunt out an old boat to use for this.


Image courtesy of Boys Germs

And I love anything with the Cath Kidston Cowboy print on it.  This Teepee would be great in the garden.

Image courtesy of Mocka

A balance bike for Tom - he loves these and its the first thing he goes to play on when we are at Playcentre.

Image courtesy of Mocka

I was thinking of one main pressie each and then a few bits and pieces / stocking fillers etc.  I'm not going overboard - I'm now getting to realise that with little ones it's not quantity  - it's the whole lead up and excitemet of Christmas.  They just want something to unwrap on Christmas morning.  One year I gave Bell her Christmas stocking.  After emptying it she declared it the best Chrstmas ever.  She had'nt realised that there were the presents under the tree to go.

Last year all Tom kept asking for was a jelly bean filled plastic candy cane!  He is a bit more onto it though this year.  He asks everyday if he is getting Gordon and Spencer (Thomas the Tank engine).  He is currently riding around on Bell's old bike - its sparkly and purple but that does'nt seem to bother him.  So I think a bike is definately on the cards for him.

Any ideas for a 19 month old boy?  I keep thinking it needs to be something different to what Tom already has.

And as for Bell - I don't think I will say, just in case she happens to read this post.  If she is anything like me she will have a peak I'm sure.

And when you come across playhouses and treehouses like these ones below, I wish we had a builder in the family..........

Image courtesy of Boys Germs


Image courtesy of Boys Germs


So lovely readers out there - have you started planning / buying for Christmas yet?  Any ideas up your sleeves that you would like to share?  I promise I won't tell!!!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas! I bought Jarvis a fabulous bug investigating kit a wee while ago which I have ferreted away in our room - there are lots of critters to look at around here!

    I may just pinch your sandpit idea too, he misses the sandpit at the house we rented terribly! Olive is getting a hilarious hobby horse I got on sale at ecomoon - its head is made from bright pink paisley fabric and it has the wild hair of an '80s rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not not started shopping yet! Everything looks good, I think anything that gets kids using their imaginations is good! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I can't believe Christmas is fast approaching and they are already selling decorations in the shops where I live in Melbourne. I also have the added planning of my daughters 7th birthday which is 5 days before Christmas so have been thinking hard what to get. I do like the teepee or any tent would work for my two in the garden. Both of mine love to help me outside or in the kitchen too so looking at kids tools for this. G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgy and welcome to my blog! You can get great kiddie baking sets. And for the garden mini gardening tool sets or bug catchers are always fun. Elaina

      Delete
  4. 11 weeks isn't long! How exciting!!!
    I don't know about your children, but I'D LOVE IT if Santa brought me ANY of those pressies - and I'm 33 and have no kids!!!
    ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Carly, I confess. The cowboy teepee is really for me!

      Delete
  5. Yikes 11 weeks guess its almost 10 now !
    Loved this blog it reminded me of when my two boys now ( 20 and 18 ) were little we had a tree house in every garden we lived in. :-) happy memories. Hope you all have a fantastic christmas.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...