Wednesday 7 August 2013

Op shop show off..............a retro coffee set







 
 
Another Midwinter find.....
 
It's a muddy brown, not the deep chocolate brown I usually like. The cups are huge and kind of clunky.  A little ugly perhaps?  But I love the brown flowers and the quirky coffee pot lid.  Plus it was only $10 for the whole set!
 
I had to have a sort and move around to fit this in the granny cabinet.  There is definitely no more room at the inn - "I must not buy anymore crockery"..........
 

Found anything great lately? Pop over and share it with Max.

10 comments:

  1. Ahh it's midwinter too. I haven't seen this style before. I love the coffee pot too, the handle looks huge though- This set must have been made for coffee addicts with big hands!
    No more crockery?
    My husband always says he'd rather build a bigger house than stop buying pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not my taste, but a great find!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mum has a similar set to this, tucked away in her side cabinet. I think it was a wedding gift. I wonder if this was may have been too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brown! Nothing better than a rich warm color such as this to drink coffee or hot cocoa out of!!! Beautiful set lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great....good cocoa drinking! I saw a lovely Meakin coffee set in a CS but I walked away, hyperventilating at the time, I need to be more disciplined! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Grandparents have a similar set.

    Ps i sent you a email :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I've got some Dahlia midwinter plates in dark blue, I love them so much and I so wished that there had been more of the set when I bought them. I'm always on the look out for them. Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not ugly! I love the colour and pattern. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it too! I can just imagine Sunday morning coffee out in the sunshine with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to see the set - I have the same coffee pot but would like more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...