Friday 10 April 2015

The beginner............. crochet chain stitch








I'm doing it!  I've started and am slowly but surely on my way.  I love this craft and have always wanted to be able to crochet.  It's also part of my 30 goals for 2015

So after several failed attempts I went out and bought a cheap (kids) crochet kit that has really good (so far) basic instructions.  I'm learning the basic techniques, my first step being the chain stitch.

It has been raining on and off the last couple of days, so while the boys have been watching a movie, I sit on the couch with them and my kit and plod along.  I will keep going until my chains are more even and a little less wonky, then will move onto the next technique which is the Single Crochet.

My fingers are definitely less all over the place and I am getting the hang of holding the wool firm in my left hand as my right navigates the hook - I'm a long way off wash cloths and granny squares, but I know if I keep at it, I will get there in the end.

Happy Friday xo



12 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! I've tried to crochet so many times but always end up quitting because I get so frustrated (and tangled) Good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it another go! I have tried and failed many times. I was in the Warehouse and found this set in the craft isle - it's a children's set. If I can do it, you definitely can xo

      Delete
  2. Hurray! You'll be addicted in no time, just like me. I learnt last year and have done quite a few little projects, its so much quicker than knitting. I will look forward to seeing some of your finished projects before long. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work, Elaina. You'll be onto larger projects in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can so do this buddy!!! I love doing it myself as I find it very relaxing....have fun with it and I can't wait to see what you make!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! WEll done :) you'll love it! Be warned you WILL become addicted!haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good, you will soon get the hang of it, you really will. I've just finished my first big blanket & I love it. I'm sure you will have one also this time next year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Elaina! If I am starting something new I often buy a children's' book about it, ad there is no previous knowledge assumed, and the instructions are usually very clear. Look forward to seeing your progress! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I have learned to crochet at school but forgot all about it. I find YouTube videos really useful to re learn. Love the cheerful colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!!!! I am so very excited for you!!! Before you know it you will be making all kinds of things. I foresee doilies and mandalas for your granny cabinet and blankets for your chairs and sofas! How great will that look with your vintage things! Anyway, first things first, keep going and keep doing it and don't worry about "perfect" just enjoy it!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited for you!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love crochet too, keep at it and you're be whizzing up dish cloths and blankets before you know it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go you! Well done for persevering and working at it - you will get the hang of it in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...