So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
This is a VERY overdue post! The very lovely Margaret over at Techie Mum nominated me last month (I know) for a Liebster Award. It's my very first one and I was so excited to get it. Thank you!
Pop over to Techie Mum and take a peek because Margaret can also help you out with any technical issues you may have.
The thing I love about Margaret nominating me is that I would be the most un-techie person I know. So below are my questions from Margaret and as you would expect they are of a techie nature!
- What is your favourite techie gadget? The only one I use - my Laptop. I got in trouble this week from Mr H for not using my mobile - that he bought me last Christmas!
- Laptop or desktop computer? Laptop.
- Does your family complain about how much time you spend on the computer? I try to blog at night or in the afternoon when the boys are asleep. Any complaints are usually from my daughter if she wants to watch something on "on demand" TV as we don't watch TV in our house.
- If money were no object, what techie gadget would you buy? Whatever gadget it is that you need to do Instagram. And I would love a new camera.
- How do you manage your to-do lists – paper, phone, app? Paper - lists stuck to the fridge.
- What about your calendar – do you use a diary/organiser, or your phone/computer? Calendar - also stuck to the fridge.
- Which operating system do you use – Apple or Windows? Ummm.....Windows?
- Have you ever taken a break away from technology and for how long? Planning to over Christmas/New Year.
- What do you use to take photos – a camera or your phone? Camera.
- Do you read real books or do you have an ereader? Always real books!
- Complete this sentence: The most trouble technology ever got me into was ….. With my sister - cheeky comments on her Facbook photos.
I would like to nominate the following lovely blogs for a Leibster Award..........
Lover of Vintage
Our big adventure
This brown wren
Little red vikings
Fields of Sage
Modern Day Mummying
From me to mum
Your 11 questions are.........Christmas theme of course: (no pressure to answer them - just nice to be nominated I think)
- Home or away for Christmas this year?
- Gifts - store bought/homemade or a bit of both?
- Summer or Winter Christmas for you?
- Christmas tree - real or fake?
- Favourite Christmas food?
- Have you been naughty or nice this year?
- What would you like Santa to leave under the tree for you?
- Do you have any family Christmas traditions?
- Worst Christmas pressie you have ever received?
- A favourite Christmas childhood memory?
- Will you be making any New Years resolutions?
Make sure you pop over and take a look at the nominated blogs - happy reading!