Tuesday 29 April 2014

Brave corn








I have wanted to share this recipe with you since the summer holidays.  It is just so delicious that you will never want to eat sweet corn any other way. 

This was a BBQ/dinner favourite.  And I had it for lunch today as fresh sweet corn is still about.

Great for a summer BBQ, Mexican night or a just because you crave/fancy it night.

Super easy to prepare, here is what you need:

Corn on the cob
Mayonnaise
Parmesan cheese - grated
Chilli powder
Limes

What you need to do:

Boil your corn cobs or if you are having a BBQ, grill them.

Once cooked, smother with mayo and the grated parmesan cheese.  Lightly dust with chilli powder and squeeze the juice of your lime all over.

Drool, devour and repeat.  Enjoy!



*** This recipe is from my favourite Nici Wickes cookbook.



13 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry and I've only just had breakfast! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. We don't have our corn planted here yet - it's still a few months out, but I can't wait to grill some up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound and look delicious!! Now I just have to wait to summer to try them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have eaten a similar recipe because corn like this is popular where I live. Your recipe sounds really delicious, I love the idea of adding parmesan cheese to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a mayo fan, but this sounds delicious. I use similar ingredients to make sweet potato french fries. Slice up the potatoes, toss with olive oil, coat with a couple squeezes of lime juice and a pinch of chili powder, then bake until soft and edges are slightly crispy. Now that I saw your recipe, I'm thinking some parmesan cheese would be a good addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious - my corn was a bit of a flop this year. I suspect I didn't water it enough. Do you grow your own limes too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corn and limes are from a local orchard. Corn is also grown in the fields that surround us over summer and then sheep are kept on the grounds over winter. xo

      Delete
  7. This looks amazing!!!!!!!!! I must try this one this summer as we are corn on the cob nut balls over here...always grilling them up this way and that! I would love to give this one a go! Thanks for sharing lady!!! Happy day to you! Nicole oxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks wonderful, I really cannot wait for summer BBQ's now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look delish…i'm afraid to start. I have no self control.
    How are you anyway Pet? I've been absent from blogland for a bit trying to get uni work under control.
    Hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovey, all good here. Final week of the school holidays and it has gone so quickly. Hope you breeze through your uni work. Will drop you an email this week. Hugs to you Mrs xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...