Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday brunch......Zucchini Fritters











I was up early this morning with the boys, not too early, about 7am which is really good for us.  Usually they are up are ready to go before 6am - so this morning I felt like I had a bit of a sleep in.

I put a couple of loads of washing on then made a pot of coffee, followed by bacon and egg muffins.

After breakfast Mr H took the boys out for a run around at the park.  I got to finish the weeding and tidying up in the garden, did a quick tidy inside the house and then I put some music on and went to work or grating zucchinis and potatoes for a late brunch.

The zucchinis are growing great guns in my vegetable garden at the moment.  I have also had them for dinner during the week, baked with cottage cheese, tomatoes, herbs and more cheese.  Delicious!

To make the fritters I grated a couple of zucchini, a few potatoes and then chopped up onion, garlic, threw in some salt and pepper, olive oil, chilli powder, mixed herbs, a couple of eggs, cup of flour, tea spoon of baking powder, splash of milk and a handful of grated cheese.  Mixed well and then fried until golden brown.

I served them on sliced ciabatta bread and topped with roughly chopped Roma tomatoes - both of which Mr H bought at the market yesterday.  A salad would have been a great alternative to serve them with.

Sunday tends to be all about leftovers or anything that needs to be used quickly - its amazing what you can throw together to make a meal.  It is a really good way of using the last bits of things that would normally go to waste.

  I hope your weekend has been a good one?  Have a great week!



6 comments:

  1. Your fritters sound delicious and so do the baked zucchini! Glad that you have had a good weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely delicious Elaina! I find eggs and cheese are the heroes on our house for making leftovers into a meal X

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy, Thankyou for sharing :) I love zucchini (except we call it courgette :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Never thought about zucchini in fritters. We have been making a yummy Jamie Oliver zucchini salad with lots of chilli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these literally look A-MAZ-ING!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...