Wednesday 25 February 2015

Vintage kitchenware












Phoenix glass cookware was produced as an alternative to Pyrex using lovely primary colours in their heatproof glass cookware. 

Makers marks – “ Made in England Phoenix “

Thought I would share a bit of mid week eye candy with you.  Vintage kitchenware from the 1950's.   An early Birthday present to myself from a favourite Retro store in town.

In mint condition, I wonder if it was ever used.  It is the most beautiful turquoise colour, with quirky handles, thick glass lid and a beautifully moulded base.  Made to stand the test of time for sure.  I won't cook anything hot in it but may use it to serve up (cold) desserts or similar.  It certainly won't be going in the dishwasher either.  Gently, gently.

Happy week lovelies!



16 comments:

  1. A beauty. Love the colour and the shape, like a jewel. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty colour, it's what caught my eye in the first place, tucked away on a shelf xo

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Fab colour! I think this style of Pyrex was called Sprayware :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the info, I'm off to Google Sprayware now xo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colour. You'll have to place it somewhere to catch the light I think. When is your birthday - Is it a big one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on Saturday...........the numbers 3 and 8 are involved x

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness Julie, 2 days after my Birthday I've just realised I'm 37 not 38!

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful! It so doesn't look like it was ever used! What a find Elaina!!! And happy birthday....this week???? Hope you have a special day!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is this week. Just a quiet celebration at the beach xo

      Delete
  5. Fantastic colour and shape. And with a lid too. *sigh* Happy Birthday when it comes! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is gorgeous. Buying your own birthday gifts are the best! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying your own Birthday presents is very under-rated! xo

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous!! What a fabulous colour! Happy Birthday for when it comes! I think that buying your own presents is a great way to go, especially when they are as lovely as this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word!!! What a stunning piece!! And the perfect birthday present... Happy Birthday for this week! I hope you are spoiled like you are supposed to be xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The phoenix glass cookware seems to be something that not anyone should miss in her kitchen. The fact that it was meant to replace the Pyrex speaks a lot about moving on to higher cookware but it also brings out the essence of beautiful colour. It is good to know that the phoenix model is heatproof, and definitely, an item I should check out. Something else, I loved the country background too.

    Lisa @ Westing House Small Appliances

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...