Friday 26 September 2014

To op shop we go!







I've been in town a bit this week and popped into a couple of op shops to have a nosey around and found my best bargain of the year.  A KitchenAid toaster for $8.......YES $8!!!!  It's in excellent condition, clean and has been checked by a certified electrician.

My old toaster went into retirement a couple of years ago and I never replaced it, our kitchen is "compact" so I thought it would be good to have one less appliance.  We have been using the oven grill, but Bell and I tend to burn a lot of bread as we place the bread in and then wander off and forget about it.  I don't know who is more excited about this purchase.  Bell or I?!

I'm hoping whoever got rid of this has a matching blender they want to discard too.




Second find of the day - two single retro sheets.  In great condition.  I pass on a lot of sheets as they tend to be really worn but these are great.  Love the colours and pattern.  Thinking of sewing these into pillowcases.




And as I feel that you can never have too many Crown Lynn saucers I picked up two matching pairs - my excuse is that I have Crown Lynn cups at home without saucers to match up with these.  I was restrained though and left a few behind.


 
 
I love a retro gardening book or two and found these three.  The Herb and Kitchen Garden book is a goodie.  Something to browse over in the weekend.
 
Been op shopping lately?  What did you rescue?
 
What is your best ever find?
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Today I rescued a handful of silver teaspoons and a cute little kimono/jacket.
    What a bargain you got with the toaster.
    I do like the design of those vintage sheets. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY!!! $8... I am soooo jealous! I have a the red artisan mixer and that toaster would match perfectly.. who gave that away? $8... wow! But those saucers and those sheets! Wow, super condition :) Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous finds all round. I'd love a kitchen aid mixer but at $1000 in NZ I'll be dreaming for a long time unless the govt gives me a huge pay rise. Ha. That won't ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking op shop is charity as its known over here? In which case I dragged my daughter, not quite kicking and screaming, in the Oxfam Book Shop next door to the library, I had already been in the library, and as I browsed the shelves of old manuals from the 70's and earlier, the dusty copies of classics in their soft leather bound covers, I found a fabulous book on photography which my daughter is starting at University next week, for the bargin price of £3.50, was £25 brand new!! doesn't even look like the spine has been broken so its practically unused. My daughter brought the book. I was so proud :) Love those saucers and the cups, very quaintly English looking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the toaster!!! That has to be the bargain of the century doesn't it. Let's hope the blender turns up really soon and they hold it just for you! The books look really interesting too, I hope you have a great gardening year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when you make your stops at the op shop! You would so laugh if you saw my toaster...one of the beans dropped a pen in one side so I have it taped off as every time you use that side it smells like burnt plastic....so we are so in need of a toaster and the one you found is stunning! I can not believe that someone would ever part with that piece!!! And look at those books you scored! Everything is beautiful friend! Lovely weekend to you!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that toaster is a total score. I have been reading your blog mainly from my phone lately, which is not as easy to leave comments on blogs with (I've found), so I apologize for the lack of comments but please know I have been reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total score with the toaster! obviously meant to be yours. Love the sheets too. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant finds! Love the Kitchenaid toaster! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some peeps have all the luck ha ha. What superb finds - especially that toaster. Such a great colour too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab find! Well all of them really! It's been ages since I've found some vintage sheets in such great condition. That toaster! Now if I could find a mixer I'd be happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOODNESS!! THAT TOASTER!!! I am in love and oh so jealous!! You must be over the moon with that score!! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you hit the jackpot! What a score.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your finds but ESPECIALLY that toaster!!! I have 3 Kitchenaid appliances and they are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...