Tuesday 18 February 2014

A space to sew








I'm sorting out my sewing space this week.  I've realised it is best to have a dedicated space with everything set up and to hand if I'm going to keep on with my sewing.  The dining room table is not ideal as everything needs to be packed away for meal times and I tend to be quite messy when I sew as I like to spread things out.

So I have taken action - I have gate crashed Mr H's man cave next door, which was in a previous life the play room and then Bell's room before we had the flood in August last year.  I ordered a carpet square and had it over locked so if we have any more "water issues" it can be rolled up and things moved just encase the creek over flows again.

In recent months Mr H has put in a dart board, and it has become a dumping ground for toys and bikes etc.  So I had a clean out, installed the bikes in the sheds, moved the dumped items to the op shop or into the newly cleared out separate storage area.

Presto!  Sewing space.  I have promised Mr H I will keep my bunting and "granny stuff" to my side.  I've put my desk in front of the chimney breast, so come winter it should keep me warm.  I get a lovely view of the garden too, so I can keep an eye of the boys while they play and I sew.

Sew school started last week, and I have a bit of catching up to do.  So once the kids are in bed, I can pop next door and sew, sew sew!

Looking forward to showing you photos of the finished room when I'm done!
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. oh, a space of your own! how wonderful. enjoy that sewing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share my sewing space with the other half's computer space. We have a desk each and sometimes jars of buttons, lace and zippers find themselves creeping onto the computer desk.
    Having my sewing machine set up means more sewing. I often find myself thinking i'll just sit and sew for a couple of minutes, then an hour later I'm still sewing, choosing new fabrics, having ideas of new projects to try.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you are starting your sewing adventures! I almost signed up with you but realised there is painting to finish first before I go headlong into sewing distractions. Looks like a perfect corner for you. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes headspace is enough - but not always. We have been working on getting rid of some big stuff (furniture and doors left over from the kitchen reno). Then I can get the tools out of my new study space and into the garage where they belong. Glad you claimed some space for yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  5. pleased to see you have staked your claim on this part of the house for your sewing. Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you enjoy your new space and have fun with your sew school!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for new spaces... it makes things so much easier when they have spot to be in! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have a space where my sewing machine can sit. I still use the dining room table. Well done for getting your own space and enjoy it! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfection !! !! sewing space is my yoga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay for you and lucky! My machine gets carted to the dining table and back all the time... it's a pain to have to clear up each time but there's just no other option! Hope you enjoy your new happy place x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have at least 2 years to go until one is at uni but he tells me he is not leaving. Drat. I had that bedroom ear-marked. ;) Until one day, it is the dining room table. (and my sweet family have worked around the sewing machine and lately the scrapbooking materials...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so nice to have space of your own. For the past few years I have shared our study/office with the family computer, last month the husband moved it all out and now I have a whole room to myself to create messes in. Such fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have no idea how jealous I am of your sewing space. A room! With a view! Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that a new sewing machine I spy?? so glad you have your space underway.. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! I was in last week buying supplies. Will be in again soon xo

      Delete
  15. You go girl! Way to take a space and define some space for you and your sewing!!! I wish you all the best in your sewing!!!! A happy week friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! You'll be so much more productive now that you have a dedicated space. I love the idea of staying close to the chimney.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...